That is Maia Eve playing with the shirt we are about to make into a skirt.
Here's what you'll need.
- An old shirt (or a new one)
- Yarn (preferably kinda stretchy)
- A Crochet hook (I used I/9, but I'm not sure it really matters)
- Fabric Scissors (I just used regular ones)
1. Cut the piece of fabric that will be used for the skirt.
2. Measure your doll's stomach. Mine was about 11" around.
3. Crochet a chain 11" tall, and count the stitches. The amount of stitches it took me to get to 11" was 32. I subtracted about 5, which left me with 27, but I wanted it to be an even number, so I made it 26.
4. Now, poke 26 holes in the shirt. Mine shirt was wide, so I spaced the holes about 1 and a half inches apart.
5. Crochet on it kinda like you would with a fleece blanket. My shirt is wide, so I scrunched it up as I went along. Crochet a few rows.
My bottom edges were raw, so I crocheted the bottom too.
Thanks for reading! Hope it wasn't too confusing!